Thursday, April 14, 2005

Alone on top...

"I really believe in this team," Carlos Lee said. "We've got a really, really good clubhouse. It started from there. Everybody is working for the same thing. Did you see us out there -- bunting guys over? Look at Overbay. Third guy in the lineup, he just hit a home run, and he's putting down the bunt."

I couldn't have put it better myself. This is just a taste of what Milwaukee and the state of Wisconsin has been waiting for - an unselfish team that can get the job done.

Since Houston lost today (wow, the Mets can win games) our MILWAUKEE BREWERS are alone on top of the NL Central.

It's looking like Sheets is gettin the nod on Friday and I couldn't be happier. With us leaving around 10 AM that morning, we should hit Miller Park before the parking lots open. We may have to tailgate prior to tailgating. It's going to be a party for the ages. Word is the weather is going to be splendid - 60's with sunny skies. We might even be blessed with the first open roof game of the young season.

Since we are sitting in the right field bleachers, I plan on asking Jenkins which brand of chew he indulges in. Come Saturday, Guff will be packing the tin I brought for him (there is discussion about getting him a silo for the whole clubhouse).

All I know is that it's Brewer baseball at Miller Park - does it get any better? Maybe we'll find out this October...

GO BREWERS!

Comments:
Milwakee Brewers? Sorry, had to bust you on that one.

Great quote by Lee. This team could be one we'll remember for a long time.
 
I believe Jenkins chews Levi Garrett, which comes in a pouch. I don't think you can get a silo of pouches.
 
I'll just make sure I read over my posts prior to putting them up.
Milwakee - that is kinda hard look past though, my bad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?