Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Great Guff...

Well, chalk up another heart-break for the Brew Crew. My young heart can't take much more, but to be honest... I'd rather have them be in it til the end and lose close ones then get blown out. The ball has to start bouncing in our favor at some point.

Lets us look at some high points from tonight's game:

-- Jenkins in RF! Need I say more? He saved us at least 3 runs with streak into the corner, his run/leap at the wall, and that amazing dive. I'll admit, I get pretty frustrated with some of Jenk's ABs; but in the field, that guy gives 110%.

-- The pitching staff. Santos had another roller coaster of a day but managed to hold San Diego to only one run in six innings. He even battled his way through the sixth with a 110+ pitch count to set himself up for a win. If not for two errors by the sure-handed Overby, I would be singing a different song. Santana has also looked lights out as of late. He's inherited something like 10 runners this season and has yet to allow one to score ( 3 of those tonight).

The rolls will come around at some point for us (maybe I can't watch the games now either). Needless to say, we've all stuck around this long. Go Brewers!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?