Monday, August 22, 2005

Miller Park or bust!

Finally, nearly a month after my last visit (which was a great game - July 15th walk-off balk in the 10th vs. the Nationals) I'll be returning to Miller Park for two games. First, Tuesday's start to the homestand against Florida. Second, Friday's turn-back-the-clock game against the Braves.

Florida comes at the Crew with Beckett (3.15 ERA), and seeing him will put another great pitcher on my list of have-seens. I saw Pedro pitch earlier this season, along with Santana at the dome, Sheets and Hernandez. Hopefully we'll get some good seats but I'm guessing they'll be RF/LF bleachers which is cool cause I'm going with my dad and no sense dropping $70. Most of all, I'd really like to see some emotion from the team tomorrow. That loss to Houston should upset them (though it was mostly Santos' fault). They are realistically (statisticlly speaking) in the hunt for the wild card and should jump on the Marlins early. I miss Brady for that.

As for Friday, I'm going with my buddy Bryan who is a big Braves fan (oh TBS). He hasn't seen Miller Park, which really suprises me cause he is a baseball fan in general. I enjoy taking new people to see Miller Park, showing off one of the many prides of Wisconsin. My girlfriend Sarah came with me to the July 15th game and we sat 7th row down the 3rd base line, poor girl is only use to games at the dome. I would try to figure out who the Braves are sending to the mound, but I'm honestly too lazy. If I remember correctly, the last time that Milwaukee and Atlanta played a turn-back-the-clock game, both teams had Braves written on their uniforms and was kinda confusing to watch. Maybe the Braves can wear those orange unis they got for their home alternative.

I'm giddy to be headed back to Miller Park. Hopefully I can talk Jon into going down in September for at least one more. GO BREWERS!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?