Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Only #2? Stupid ESPN...

The chips fell in my corner tonight as I witnessed the Crew lay out a hell of a welcome mat for the Marlins. As I predicted we sat up in RF but got 2nd row seats, and the weather was nothing short of perfect.

Can't think of anything to say about the game that isn't obvious from the score to Cappy's line. Each Brewers hitter took a good approach at the plate, and Capuano went right after the strike zone from pitch one (I think he had 8 pitches after one and 28 after three). Also, I'd like to send my congrats to Capuano for becoming the first 14 game winner for the Brewers since 1993.

One last thing, I'm very thankful to have been eyewitness to Rickie Weeks and his supernatural play-making ability. On that note, I was listening to Sunday's game and Jim mentioned something like the Brewers get to 80% more balls due to their defensive alignments. That stat sounds a bit bloated now that I put it in writing and actually think about it, but in this game alone there were plays made that wouldn't have been possible with traditional defensive placement.

Here's to the Crew keeping the bats hot and the pitches down in the zone. Also, Happy (early?) Birthday to Jon... I used your ID for a whole summer, you'd think I'd remember what day your birthday is, haha. I'll just say I don't blame the drugs, but maybe I should.

Comments:
Maybe it was 8% that he said on the air... I was working on the house and kinda caught the end of the discussion. Makes more sense.

Sorry man, Happy Belated Birthday Jon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?